SEO stands for search engine optimization. In the simplest terms, it’s the process of getting your website to appear higher on search results pages (SERPs) on Google and other search engines. There are many different ways to do this, but some are more effective than others.
4 Types of SEO Marketing Explained
SEO, or search engine optimization, is a marketing strategy designed to increase a website’s visibility in search engines. It can be used for any product or service. Your business will get more traffic and conversions when you rank high on Google.
In order to understand the role that SEO plays in any digital marketing strategy it is important to understand the different forms of SEO.
Technical SEO is the process of ensuring your website is set up in a way that search engines can crawl, index, and rank it. It’sessentialt for any website because it helps search engines find your content and rank it for relevant keywords.
Technical SEO can be broken down into the following sub-categories:
- Accessibility: Ensuring your website is accessible to people with disabilities and other assistive technologies.
- Usability: Make sure that your website is easy for users to navigate. This includes making sure there are no broken links, clear calls to action and CTAs, etc.
- Structure: Ensuring that your website’s content is properly organized and structured. This includes things like ensuring your URLs are set up correctly, that you have internal linking in place, etc.
On-page SEO is optimizing your website to rank better in search engines. This can be done by ensuring your site has an easy-to-read layout and all the correct coding.
On-page SEO ensures your site is appropriately structured and formatted for search engines. For example, if you want to rank highly for “orange juice,” then you’ll want to make sure that those terms appear in your content (both text and images), as well as on any links pointing back to your page from other sites or social media posts.
Off-page SEO is a group of activities that take place away from your website to help improve its performance in organic search results.
Off-page SEO is also known as link building. It’s the process of getting other sites to link back to your site to increases its authority and visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs). You can do this manually or automatically, and many tools are available to help you with it.
- Link building: A process by which you build links to your website from other sites. This helps with both improving rankings and boosting traffic on your site. It can be accomplished through guest blogging, content marketing, and press releases.
- Social media marketing: Promoting your business using social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest,t, and LinkedIn. This can include sharing content related to your site’s subject matter and creating customized content that gets shared widely across these networks.
- Email marketing: A form of marketing in which you send emails to your customers or potential customers. You can use this to promote your site, announce new products and services available, or keep people up-to-date on what’s going on with your company.
Local SEO is a subset of search engine optimization that focuses on helping local businesses rank highly in their area. It’s a great way to attract customers looking for services or products in your town or city.
Local SEO is often more effective for small businesses than national or international SEO. This is because it allows you to target the specific people who live near you,Because local SEO requires creating links between locations and keywords (e.g., “San Francisco dentist”), it can be more expensive than other types of search engine optimization.
Local SEO isn’t just about getting your business on Google; it’s also an effective way to get people to visit your website. Because local SEO focuses on keywords and phrases that people use when searching online, it’s a great way to attract customers looking for services or products in your town or city. Local SEO is often more effective for small businesses than national or international SEO because it allows you to target the specific people who live near you, which means they’re more likely to find what they’re looking for on Google instead of leaving your area altogether and searching elsewhere online.
Get a FREE SEO Audit
At the end of the day, evaluating your SEO should be a top priority for your website so that way you can track improvements and make changes to your site based on the results. Using the methods mentioned above will help you get a better understanding if your site is optimized and show ways to improve your SEO within your site.
If you want to learn more about the different types of SEO and how they can help your business, contact us today. We offer free consultations so that you can see if our services are right for you.